These recommendations are crop (and disease) specific recommendations which should be used in ADDITION to the general use recommendations to manage resistance development. They are excerpted from the minutes of annual meeting of the WG
(updated Jan. 2017)
Vines: Powdery Mildew/ Eryisphe necator- DMIs and Amines
- DMI´s and amines should be used preventative and curative situations should be avoided.
- The existing strategy for effective disease control and resistance management continues to be successful and the use recommendation is a maximum of 4 applications per season per mode of action. The strategy includes the use of mixtures or alternation with non-cross resistant fungicides.
- To ensure that SBI's can remain the effective basis for control of Erysiphe necator in grape vine, their use should adhere to the full recommended rate (either alone or in mixture) at the recommended timing and application volume and an accurate treatment of each row.
Apples: Scab/Venturia inaequalis - DMIs
For a printer-friendly version of the 2016 monitoring results and 2017 use recommendations for DMIs on Vines, apples, tomatoes/potatoes and cucurbits see section 3. DMI and Amines: Other Crops, pg. 9-11 of the
- DMI fungicides are not recommended for season long use and a maximum of 4 DMI sprays either alone or in mixture is recommended.
- DMIs should be used in mixtures or (block) alternations with a non-cross resistant fungicide. Application of recommended label rates is important.
- Preventative applications should always be the first choice with DMIs. Curative applications are only recommended when accurate disease warning systems are available.
Minutes of the 2016 Meeting.
KRI-specific recommendations: Grapes, Strawberries and Raspberries/Botrytis spp. - 2016
(updated Jan. 2017)
- Use KRIs only protectively.
- Use KRIs only in strict alternation, no block application
- Solo product as part of alternation programmes:
- Spray programmes with a maximum of 3 treatments per season: max. 1 application with KRIs
- Spray programmes with 4-5 treatments/season: max. 2 applications with KRIs
- Spray programmes with 6 and more treatments: at the maximum one third of all Botryticide-applications
- Use in mixtures:
- Both partners - if applied alone at the dose used in the mixture - must have sufficient activity against Botrytis.
- Not more than 50% of all Botryticide-treatments should be made with KRIs-containing mixtures.
For a printer-friendly version of the 2016 monitoring results and 2017 use recommendations for DMIs on Vines, apples, tomatoes/potatoes and cucurbits see section 3. DMI and Amines: Other Crops, pg. 12-13 of the Minutes of the 2016 Meeting.