Fungicides have become an integral part of efficient food production. The loss of a fungicide to agriculture through resistance is a problem that affects us all.
FRAC works to prolong the effectiveness of fungicides liable to encounter resistance problems and to limit crop losses should resistance appear.
The 2017 version of the FRAC Code List© is available on the publications page (www.frac.info/publications). Changes to this year's version include:
1. Code 7 – SDHI, Pyraziflumid added, new chemical group: pyrazine-carboxamides
2. MoA category F renamed to cover a broader range of modes of action related to membrane / lipids. New description: F: lipid synthesis or transport / membrane integrity or function
a. Plant oils (tymol, geraniol, Eugenol) included to code 46
b. Natamycin added as code 48.
c. Oxathiapiprolin reclassified from U15 into code 49.
3. MoA category P6: Bacillus mycoides isolate J added as microbial plant
defense inducer, code P6
4. Multisites (M) renamed into “Chemicals with multi-site activity” , page 12
5. New category and code introduced for biologicals with multiple modes of action (BM).
a. BLAD moved from M12, now BM01
b. Trichoderma atroviride introduced as BM02
Syngenta Crop Protection AG
Research and Development
CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
E-Mail: Dr. Dietrich Hermann
Bayer AG, Crop Science Division
E-Mail: Dr. Juergen Derpmann
Scientific Support Officer
Email: Duncan McKenzie